collected are separated
by their components:
Ten Facts about Real Christmas Trees
1. 98% of Christmas Trees come from farms, not the forest. Real Christmas Trees are grown in all 50 states and Canada.
2. 100,000 persons are employed by the Christmas Tree Industry. By contrast, 80% of all artificial trees are manufactured in China. Thank you for investing in the U.S. economy!
3. Christmas Trees are a crop that is planted to be harvested just as corn and pumpkins are cultivated for harvest.
4. For every real tree harvested for Christmas three seedlings are planted the following Spring.
5. While growing, real trees support life by absorbing carbon dioxide and other gases and emitting fresh oxygen. Planting trees is one of our best options for reversing global warming.
6. Living trees reduce storm run-off and erosion. Less rainwater in the sewers means our water treatment plants waste less energy and have lower emissions.
7. Of the 25-30 million real Christmas Trees sold, 10 million of them end up in landfills where they take up a lot of space.
8. By recycling your tree you are helping to keep valuable nutrients of landfill and put them to use in our own community.
9. It takes 125 years or more for an artificial tree to decompose in a landfill. Fake trees which are manufactured with metal, pvc, and sometimes lead which are a real burden to our environment.
10. Artificial trees where invented by a company who made toilet bowl brushes, the Addis Brush Company. Can you believe that the first fake trees were really just big green toilet bowl brushes?